Human Resources Manager
Position: Human Resources Manager
Part-time, non-exempt position
Flexible work schedule
Supervisor: Executive Director
Overview/ Essential Duties:
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the oversight of Human Resources administrative functions and takes the lead in fostering a work environment that supports all staff individually and as members of the Art Center team. The HR Manager helps promote high employee morale through fostering an environment of respect, teamwork, and professionalism.
- Promote an organizational culture that fosters cooperation, communication, teamwork and trust
- Lead regular review of Art Center’s human resources policies, procedures and practices.
- Oversee annual performance evaluation process and support professional development planning for all employees.
- Develop and foster an environment to maximize employee growth and retention
- Work with Operations Manager in employee recruitment process to interview stage in coordination with the supervisor for the posted position.
- Work with Finance Director and Operations Manager in overseeing new employee orientations to ensure that new employees understand established policies and procedures.
- Oversee sexual harassment prevention training.
- Ensure all HR postings and notifications are in accordance with the law
- Provide mediation and conflict resolution for Art Center employees; Partner with supervisors to resolve employee conflicts and situations in a timely and thorough manner
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in responsible HR, in nonprofit organizations or equivalent education and experience
- Strong background, and training in Human Resources management, including current knowledge labor law and HR protocol
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and mediation skills within a cross-cultural and intergenerational environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate and prioritize activities with attention to detail and independent follow through.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Word skills.
- Comfortable using the Google Suite (Docs, Sheets & File Share)
About the Richmond Art Center:
A non-profit organization, the Richmond Art Center has provided 80 years of excellence in arts education and exhibitions for the East Bay region. The Art Center’s mission is to be a dynamic arts organization that empowers and transforms individuals and the community through creative exploration, experience and education. The largest Art Center in the East Bay, the 1951 vintage modern facility is part of Richmond’s Civic Center Plaza and receives partial funding from the City of Richmond. The Art Center offers one of the most extensive schedules of exhibitions and art instruction programs in the East Bay, presenting 14 to 16 exhibitions in four galleries and providing 50-60 art classes and workshops in six studios four times a year to 450-500 students each quarter, ages 5 and up of all skill levels. In addition, the Art Center reestablished its Art in the Community program in 2012, providing after school art experiences to schools and various community centers, engaging nearly 1700 underserved student age children. The Art Center has over 600 members, 100 volunteers, 11 full-time and four part-time staff. The Center has an operating budget of just over $1.3 million.
To apply, please submit the following materials via email:
Resume and a cover letter introducing yourself, stating how your work experience qualifies you for this position, how this opportunity supports your career goals, and specifying experience you have had in a role that cultivates a positive and collaborative workplace culture. Also include the names and contact information for three professional references. Open until filled.
Send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation & Benefits: 10-14 hours a week $32-$35 per hour
DOE, includes prorated vacation, sick, and holidays
The Richmond Art Center is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity and respects differences.
Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers