Position: Operations Manager (OM)
Full Time, non-exempt position
Supervisor: Executive Director
- Front Desk Administrative Staff supervision
- IT oversight
- Event support
- Facilities and Grounds oversight
Overview/ Essential Duties:
We’re looking for a talented, hands on administrator to join our creative and passionate team at the Richmond Art Center, where we’re proud to have provided over 80 years of excellence in arts education and exhibitions in the East Bay.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Front Desk Administrative Support. has oversight responsibilities for Facilities, IT, and coordination of support for Art Center events. The Operations Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and is a member of the Art Center executive team.
In addition, the Operations Manager provides oversight of various aspects of customer service, operations, and event planning. Finally, the Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that the IT, facilities are safe, maintained, and serviced in a prompt manner. The position supervises one full time (Visitor Services and Volunteer Coordinator) and three-part time employees (Customer Service Coordinator Assistant, and two facilities assistants).
The Operations Manager is a key team member in developing and implementing the Administrative departmental budget, and the strategic plan as it relates to internal operations
Administrative and Operations
- Recruit, evaluate, and train operations staff
- Oversees all aspects of Customer Service ensuring a welcoming, safe, and informative environment.
- Supervise the Visitor Services/ Volunteer Coordinator to manage the volunteer program including the recruiting, training and scheduling of volunteers, interns and Community Service workers
- Ensure that there are standard operating procedures for all administrative positions
- Oversee management of database system and completeness of reports.
- Assist in developing and monitoring administrative budget
- Oversee the acquisition of office supplies and arrange maintenance of office equipment
- Work with the Finance Director in conducting background checks of chosen prospects.
- Work with the Finance Director in conducting new employee orientations to ensure that new employees understand established policies and procedures; Issue keys, email addresses and alarm codes.
- Work with Finance Director in overseeing the sexual harassment prevention training and IT training.
- Manage IIPP (Injury & Illness Prevention Program), including occupational safety and health standards and practices in keeping with the law.
- Manage set-up of appropriate work spaces including computers, email access, telephone
- Be the point person for all IT software and hardware, telephone, alarm systems and other equipment needs, ensuring repair and maintenance takes place in a timely manner
- Manage internal information system including Google docs, calendars
- Work with key staff and a board committee to assure that necessary resources are available
- Manage all logistical aspects of events working with staff and external partners, from event setup to takedown
- Supervise the arrangement of audio/visual systems and appropriate furnishings for events
Facilities and Grounds
- Supervise facilities and grounds maintenance and cleaning schedule
- Support the Facility Coordinator; Order supplies, maintaining necessary inventory
- Serve as the primary contact with the City of Richmond for facility, telephone and equipment repairs
- Manage facilities rentals program including calendar management and provision of needed equipment.
- Implement and update the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and oversee prescribed training sessions for staff and Volunteers.
- Oversee Safety Committee
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in progressively more responsible administrative, office, and operations management positions in nonprofit organizations or equivalent education and experience
- Experience in coordinating and overseeing public events
- Strong experience in supervision of administrative and operations staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate and prioritize a number of activities with attention to detail and independent follow through.
- Experience with IT management/oversight, including both MAC and PC operating systems
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Word skills and knowledge of database systems
- Facilities safety and IIPP (Injury & Illness Prevention Program) experience
- Comfortable using the Google Suite (Docs, Sheets & File Share)
About the Richmond Art Center:
A non-profit organization, the Richmond Art Center has provided 80 years of excellence in arts education and exhibitions for the East Bay region. The Art Center’s mission is to be a dynamic arts organization that empowers and transforms individuals and the community through creative exploration, experience and education. The largest Art Center in the East Bay, the 1951 vintage modern facility is part of Richmond’s Civic Center Plaza and receives partial funding from the City of Richmond. The Art Center offers one of the most extensive schedules of exhibitions and art instruction programs in the East Bay, presenting 14 to 16 exhibitions in four galleries and providing 50-60 art classes and workshops in six studios four times a year to 450-500 students each quarter, ages 5 and up of all skill levels. In addition, the Art Center reestablished its Art in the Community program in 2012, providing after school art experiences to 21 schools and various community centers, engaging nearly 2000 underserved student age children. The Art Center has over 600 members, 100 volunteers, 12 full-time and four part-time staff. The Center has an operating budget of just over $1.4 million.
To apply, please submit the following materials via email:
Resume and a cover letter introducing yourself, stating how your work experience qualifies you for this position, how this opportunity supports your career goals. Also include the names and contact information for three professional references. Open until filled.
Send all materials to email@example.com
Compensation & Benefits: $20-$22 per hour.
DOE, includes vacation, sick, holidays and contribution to group health plan.
The Richmond Art Center is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity and respects differences.