Call for Artists: Small Works Juried Show
Presented by the Richmond Art Center, the Small Works Juried Exhibition will feature original small works of art (up to 14 inches) by California artists, representing a wide range of media, artistic styles and topics.
Juror: Phillip Linhares
About the Juror: Former Chief Curator of the Oakland Museum of California, Philip Linhares has organized numerous exhibitions on contemporary art, including solo exhibitions of the work of Leon Golub, Joan Brown, Jim Nutt, Bruce Nauman, and Ruth Asawa. In the Oakland Museum of California’s recent gallery transformation and reinstallation, Linhares directed the installation on Folk Art and Counter Culture including works by Peter Mason Bond and Martin Ramirez (Folk Art) and Wally Hedrick, Jay DeFeo and Bruce Conner (Counter Culture) to name a few.
Exhibition Dates: June 12 to August 16, 2018
Deadline for Entries: Monday, April 23rd
Jurying Notification: Week of May 14th
Drop off of accepted artwork: Friday and Saturday, June 1 and 2, from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Pick up of accepted artwork: Friday and Saturday, August 17 and 18, from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
- All artists age 18 & over residing in California are eligible.
- In its largest dimension, artwork must be 14 inches or less, including frame if applicable.
- All media are eligible, excluding jewelry and film/video.
- No giclees or reproductions except for photography or original prints.
- Only work created within the last three years.
ONLINE ENTRY PROCESS
All Small Works entries will be judged from digital files. Before entering, prepare the following:
Required Artwork Information for each entry:
- Title of work
- Sale Price and/or Insurance Value
- Actual and framed art sizes in inches (height” x width” x depth”)
Required Digital Image File for each entry, minimum of two but additional images can be added for a fee. Please see below.
- File Format: .jpg only, maximum 1 MB file size, 1200px largest size
- File Name: Last name_
(Note: Do not place your name into the digital image.)
- Example: Smith_ Jane_Title of Work
$40 nonrefundable entry fee entitles each artist to submit two works. $15 for each additional work.
For RAC members: $35 entry fee for two works and $10 for additional work of art. Not a member? Sign up here!
Betsy Kendall, Iris, oil on panel, 2017