We’re Hiring: Development Manager
Position: Development Manager
Part Time, flexible, 30 hours a week
Supervisor: Executive Director
We’re looking for a talented, hands on development professional to join our creative and passionate team at the Richmond Art Center, where we’re proud to have provided over 80 years of excellence in arts education and exhibitions in the East Bay. As a dynamic arts organization that empowers and transforms individuals and the community through creative exploration, experience and education, we are looking to add an enthusiastic and resourceful person with the right blend of development and fundraising experience to our team.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and in coordination of the Development Committee, the Development Manager coordinates the Richmond Art Center’s (RAC) annual fund development programs, donor stewardship, grant writing program and fundraising and donor specific events. He/She will support the planning, execution, and evaluation of the Art Center’s fundraising programs, including contributed income from individuals, foundations, and corporations, oversee donor cultivation and donor outreach; and manage fundraising events and annual membership campaign. This person will partner with the Visitor Services and Volunteer staff and Communications Manager to support the fundraising initiatives and donor stewardship and membership. This position is a key team member to support the organization’s strategic plan and vision.
- Work with the Executive Director in concert with Development Committee to implement the annual fundraising program.
- Support the planning and execution of all donor thank yous and cultivation events.
- Manage donor cultivation and stewardship program, including prospect research, and updating donor database on database and ensuring that donors are properly and promptly recognized.
- Manage Fund Development calendar, including measuring the organization’s progress against the development goals and budget.
- Collaborate with Communications Manager to develop collateral materials including solicitation packets, invitations to special donor events, web-based communications, social media funding initiatives and other fund development activities.
- Work with lead staff in managing the annual Holiday Arts Festivals and other fundraising events and activities.
- Coordinate the grant calendar, convene monthly grants management meetings, and oversee the assemblage of supporting materials for grant applications and final reports for grant agencies. Provide grant writing support, manage the grant schedule and the assemblage of supporting materials for grant applications and final reports for grant agencies.
- Collaborate with Development Committee to create and implement strategies to retain and increase membership on an annual basis.
- Assist in identifying foundations, corporations and government agencies that are compatible with the Art Center’s programs and if necessary assist with assembling supporting materials for grant proposals.
- Support and contribute to the Art Center’s activities as needed.
The successful candidate will have:
- A college degree with three plus years of progressively responsible experience in the development field.
- Knowledge of SF Bay’s cultural and philanthropic community. (Non-profit or arts organization fundraising experience and an affinity for the arts is preferred.)
- Experience with variety of fundraising methods and techniques including successful grant writing.
- High degree of initiative, proven experience working with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comparable computer (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, with some evening and weekend work.
How to Apply:
Please email the following supporting materials:
Send a cover letter, resume, a copy of successful individual and/or corporate ask; annual appeal letter, and three professional references. Summarize your relevant qualifications for this specific position. No generic statements please. Send all materials to email@example.com. Open until filled. NO calls please.
Compensation & Benefits:
$28-30 per hour plus vacation, sick, holiday and contribution to health plan.