Summer Art Camp Coordinator
POSITION: Summer Art Camp Coordinator (30h/week, temporary)
REPORTS TO: Director, Studio Art
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Summer Art Camp Coordinator will facilitate all aspects of Summer Art Camp for students ages 5 – 16. Summer Art Camp at the RAC gives kids and teens an exciting immersion in visual art practice. Daily projects include drawing, painting, printmaking, textile arts and sculpture. Summer Art Camp runs weekly, Monday to Friday, with a varied curriculum.
The SAC Coordinator will provide front-line support for students, parents, teachers, interns and volunteers who are involved with the summer programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise camp interns and volunteers.
- Ensure Summer Art Camp is well-organized and runs on schedule by monitoring class changes, lunch break and extended care.
- Plan and execute lunch-hour games, crafts and activities.
- Prepare and coordinate weekly and daily Summer Art Camp materials including room set-up diagrams, rosters, no-photo list and name tags.
- Work with teachers’ to facilitate their needs regarding classroom requirements and supplies
- Communicate to parents and students to ensure that pertinent information is shared in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the organization and safety of up to 90 students per day; including delivery of announcements regarding Summer Art Camp safety, policies and schedules.
- Arrange documents for sign in and sign-out procedures; manage afternoon sign-in/out and morning sign-out.
- Ensure that release forms and emergency contact information is on file for each student.
- Ensure behavioral policies are followed by students. Work with Studio Art Director and Studio Art Coordinator to address student or parent conflicts.
- Complete a final camp recap describing the work plan, guidelines, procedures and offering recommendations to improve the program.
- Organize and monitor availability of classroom supplies.
- Assist instructors as needed with student incidents, classroom management, conflict resolution and managing the needs of students.
- Monitor camp enrollment numbers and assist with marketing as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience coordinating children or youth programs
- Knowledge of conflict resolution procedures for children
- Ability to relate to children
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Well organized with, attention to detail
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative, with an eagerness to learn
- Approachable and able to work with a variety of personalities
- Ability to evaluate a situation and determine what action to take
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite
- Bilingual (a plus but not required)
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Ability to pass CA State background check
Monday: 8:00 AM – 2:30 PM, Tuesday – Friday: 11:30 AM – 6:00 PM
June 11 – August 10, plus several days TBD during the week of June 4-10 and August 13-19.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: May 12, 2018
TO APPLY: Please send an email to email@example.com. Please include your resumé and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working in the Summer Art Program at the Richmond Art Center.