Summer Art Camp Counselor
POSITION: Summer Art Camp Counselor (part-time, 26 hours/week, temporary)
REPORTS TO: Summer Art Camp Coordinator & Director of Studio Art
POSITION DESCRIPTION: includes, but is not limited to:
- Assist in the organization and upkeep of student records (check-in, attendance, check-out,etc.) Check in with instructors to assess their needs (supplies, discipline, attendance, assistance.)
- Help ensure that instructors leave classrooms clean and organized at the end of the week and assist as needed.
- Assist in generating weekly Summer Art Camp preparations including room set-up diagrams, rosters, name tags, forms and volunteer schedules.
- Lead sign-in and sign-out procedures.
- Oversee Extend Care students during lunch and after-class activities.
- Report issues to Summer Art Camp Coordinator/ Studio Art Director
- Work with Studio Art Coordinator to manage the requisition, use, and organized return of supplies.
- Maintain and nurture a creative, collaborative and safe environment to support the well-being of students.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma and related work experience
- Able to pass a CA state-run background check
- Demonstrated experience working with children
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills, self-starter/motivated
- Ability to oversee and lead recreational activities
- Excellent character, integrity, adaptability, sense of humor and patience
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of ages and skill levels
Monday: 12:15 – 6:00 PM
Tuesday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 1:30 PM
June 11 – August 10, plus several days TBD during the week of June 4-10 and August 13-19.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Applications are reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis as they are received until May 19th.
TO APPLY: Please send an email to email@example.com. Please include your resumé and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working with the Summer Art Program at the Richmond Art Center.