Dawn GonzalesMore classes from Dawn Gonzales
Cigar Box Diorama
You don’t have to be a child to love to make dioramas. It’s one of those classic projects, where one can capture a perfect moment in time all in miniature. And who doesn’t love miniatures? Join me in turning one of your favorite children’s books, stories or poems into a magical world filled with tiny characters and their “things,” all contained in one little box. Students will explore using found objects, craft supplies and ephemera to create a layered story book diorama and go home with a unique art piece to display or give to a loved one. Teens and adults welcome. $20 materials fee due to instructor day of.
- 1 class
- Sunday, Mar 26
- 10am – 1pm
- Save 10% with our member discount
- favorite children’s book with pictures — I’ll bring some too
- small toys, miniatures or doo-dads that you might have and want to incorporate – I’ll have some too
- old magazines, or greeting cards
- shells, beads or odd bits of jewelry. Broken necklaces and orphan earrings are great!