Ralph McCaskeyMore classes from Ralph McCaskey
Sorry, this class has been cancelled. Please check back next session.
Do you like glass beads and wonder how they are made? Now you can do it, too! Learn the fundamentals of glass flameworking while learning about the history and lore of glass beads. Glass technology, safety procedures, tools and techniques will be revealed to you through demonstrations and lots of hands-on studio time. $35 materials fee due to instructor includes fuel, oxygen, glass and mandrels.
- 4 classes
- Thu, Jan 12 – Feb 2
- 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Save 10% with our member discount
Our well-equipped metals studio features:
- Abundant natural light from expansive west-facing windows
- Standard tools of the trade
- Assortment of anvils, stakes and hammers for hollowware and shell forming
- Complete suite of lapidary equipment
- Hydraulic press
- Electroforming setup
- Equipment for Enameling, flame working glass & glass beadmaking
- Kilns of various sizes (up 14″ inside) for enameling, glass fusing, casting
- Centrifugal and Vacuum Casting Equipment
- Mold Making
- Torches for Welding and Casting (Acetylene/Oxygen, Annealing, Acetylene Atmosphere and Oxygen/Natural Gas)
- Rolling Mills
$35 materials fee due to instructor includes fuel, oxygen, glass and mandrels.