Art in the Community
The Richmond Art Center began in 1936 with the vision of one woman devoted to sharing her love of art with the Richmond community. Today, we bring high quality art-making experiences to young people and families across Richmond and neighboring cities.
Our Art in the Community classes:
- Expose students to a range of artistic disciplines
- Are for children, youth, families, and adults of all ages
- Bring art to sites across Richmond and San Pablo
- Offer high-quality curricula written by practicing Bay Area artists
- Contribute to a more art-infused Richmond through collaboration with community partners
- Nurture young leaders by supporting creative thinking and problem solving
- Are offered at low or no cost to students
- Are taught by a team of teaching artists that reflects our community
AIC hires teaching artists on a rolling basis. If you are a practicing teaching artist interested in teaching in our off-site school and community-based programs, please fill out this application.
Watch a video of our intergenerational Cinco De Mayo Parade Float Design and Build class!
See our Fiber Arts class at Lake Elementary in action!