- K-12 Curriculum: We offer quality curricula written by practicing Bay Area artists in a diverse range of media. Our original curricula is STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) and aligns with Visual and Performing Arts Standards (VAPA). Our class offerings span a range of media not traditionally offered in a classroom setting. View available classes here.
- Community Classes: We provide classes for adults and families in a range of settings and artistic disciplines.
- Class Length: Weekly classes are 1.5 to 2 hours and span 8 to 10 weeks.
- Class Size: 10 – 14 students allows us to deliver a quality art curriculum. A class with 15 – 22 students is possible with a staff person present.
Our classes also include:
- Field trip to the Richmond Art Center
Students tour our current exhibitions, working art studios, and engage in an art-making activity that connects to our current shows.
- Final exhibition of work at the Richmond Art Center
Students show individual and collaborative pieces in the annual Art in the Community Student Art Show in the Art Center’s gallery in May.
Through a combination of our partner contributions, grant funding, and private donations, we are able to provide these programs at no cost to students.