- This event has passed.
Application Deadline: “Bring Art To Your Classroom” Workshop Series
November 15, 2014
The Richmond Art Center popular professional development series “Bring Art to Your Classroom” returns to help West Contra Costa public, charter and private K-6 school teachers learn techniques for integrating art experiences into the daytime curriculum.
Three Sessions: January 24, January 31 and February 7, 2015 from 8 am – noon
Where: Richmond Art Center, 2540 Barrett Avenue, Richmond, CA
Cost: Free, plus participating teachers receive a modest stipend and a bag of art materials for their class.
Application deadline: November 15, 2014. To be considered, submit an online application. Limited spots.
In a free three-session workshop, two experienced teaching artists will lead you through simple, engaging art experiences that:
- Meet the CA Visual and Performing Arts Standards
- Are compatible with the Common Core Standards
- Are easy to integrate into core subjects
During this three-part series, you will:
- Make your own art to practice ideas presented
- Learn about art activities you can easily integrate into other core subjects
- Discover low-cost or free materials your students can use
- Learn about art as a process and a learning tool
- Get guidance from experienced teaching artists and colleagues