We’re Hiring: Visitor Services Assistant
Position: Visitor Services Assistant
Schedule: 40 hours, Tuesday – Saturday, Non-exempt
Supervisor: Operations Director
Essential Functions: Shares responsibility for front desk operations, provides customer service and administrative support for the Education, Exhibition, Communication and Finance departments. Maintains positive and informative relations with artists, instructors, students, volunteers and guests; maintains and inputs class registrations, memberships, donations and refunds into database system.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet guests entering the RAC and handle queries from the public and customers.
- Answer telephone calls and emails that come to the front desk, as directed.
- Effectively manage ongoing correspondence to members, donors, volunteers, students, instructors and artists.
- Process art sales transactions.
- Support on site pickup & drop off of artists’ works.
- Register students for classes/workshops/camps as needed.
- Assist with classroom arrangements.
- Process studio drop in fees, locker rentals and clay sales
- Assist the Finance Director in the filing of account receivables, including membership, art sales, and class/workshop registration receipts
- Generate membership renewals letters and reports upon request.
- Support event setup/takedown and activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate and prioritize activities with attention to detail and independent follow through.
- People person, energized by face-to-face contact with others
- Familiarity with database and point-of-sale transaction concepts.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; self-starter and independently motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple tasks in a busy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in person, online and on the phone.
- High professionalism and work ethic, with a clear understanding of what it means to represent the Art Center to the public.
- Commitment to racial, gender, sexual orientation, and economic justice and ability to work effectively in a multicultural and diverse community.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Google Suite and databases
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaking & writing skills preferred
About the Richmond Art Center A non-profit organization, the Richmond Art Center has provided over 80 years of excellence in arts education and exhibitions for the East Bay region. Housed in a 1951 vintage modern 25,000 sq. ft. facility, the Richmond Art Center is part of Richmond’s Civic Center Plaza. The Art Center offers an extensive schedule of exhibitions and art instruction program, presenting 12 to 14 exhibitions in four galleries and providing 60-70 art classes and workshops in six studios four times a year to 500-550 students each quarter, ages 5 and up of all skill levels. In addition, the Art Center provides after-school art experiences to numerous schools and community centers. It has over 670 members, 125 volunteers, and 13 full-time and five part-time staff. The Center has an operating budget of over $1.4 million. To learn more about the Richmond Art Center, please visit our website: www.richmondartcenter.org.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter and three professional references to
Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Compensation & Benefits
Non-exempt, full time: $18 per hour
Casual and supportive, but professional and productive environment, vacation, sick and health benefits.
NO CALLS PLEASE.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The Richmond Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.