Pressing On—Contemporary Printmaking Juried Exhibition
June 13 – August 19, 2017
Statement of Purpose
Pressing On offers the opportunity to see the most contemporary explorations in contemporary printmaking. In a time when things happen with the push of a button, the hands-on mixing materials and process – the transformation from plate to print—is still magical. We invite the private view, the personal voice, and the public position: all current trends in printmaking as artists keep Pressing On.
Juror: Karin Breuer is Curator in Charge of the Achenbach Graphic Arts Foundation of the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco. In a career spanning decades, Karin Breuer has mounted exhibitions ranging from the scholarly depths of Japanese woodblock prints and their influence on Western art to the archives of local art presses and a flowering of California printmaking and reveling most recently in the idiosyncratic, humor-infused screen prints of Ed Ruscha.
- Submission deadline: Monday, April 10, 2017
- Notification of jury results: Sunday, April 30 via email
- All accepted work must be:
- Shipped for Delivery between Tuesday-Thursday, May 23-25, or
- Hand Delivered Friday & Saturday, May 26-27, 11- 4pm
- Exhibition opens to the public: Tuesday, June 13, 2017
- Reception: Saturday, June 10, 5-7 pm
- Exhibition closes Saturday, August 19, 2017
- Pick up of accepted artwork: Sunday & Monday, August 20 & August 21, 11am – 4 pm
- California Residents only.
- All printmaking media are accepted.
- Original work must have been produced in the last three years.
- Accepted work must not be larger than 36 x 36 inches.
- All works must be suitably prepared for hanging or installation.
- Payment is required upon entry.
- Entry Fee is $35 for two works and $15 for an additional work.
- RAC Members Discount: $30 for two works and $10 for an additional work.
- All shipped work must include paid return shipping label.
- Handling fee for shipped work is $15.
- Three cash awards totaling $1,000.
About your images: Providing high quality photography is important for us to evaluate your work for inclusion, and for use in promotional material if you are accepted.
- Images MUST be in .jpg or .png format. TIFFs or PDFs will not be accepted.
- Images should not be larger than 1 MB, max width 1200px @ 240dpi.
- If selected, images may be used for publicity purposes.
- Please use the following syntax to identify your images:
The Richmond Art Center will insure the artwork while on site with the exclusion of any damage due to acts of God. Artists are responsible for insuring their artwork to and from the Richmond Art Center.
The Richmond Art Center will retain 40% commission on all art sales. Not for Sale work (NFS) will also be accepted but an insurance value must be stated.
For general information, please contact Jan Wurm: email@example.com. No calls please.