Join Our Board of Directors
If you’re committed to nonprofits and passionate about the work of the Art Center, we encourage you to apply to be a member of our Board of Directors.
We are particularly seeking people with experience in nonprofit Board leadership or fundraising and people with ties to the growing spanish-speaking community in Richmond and surrounding communities. We are also recruiting attorneys and an accountant (CPA preferred).
What can you expect?
Board members are required to attend monthly board meetings in the evening, act as ambassadors at select weekend events, work on at least one committee and make a personal financial contribution commensurate with ability to give. Board members typically invest about ten hours of work a month. A Board member’s term is three years, with a two-term limit. Service on the Board of Directors is without remuneration.
Ideal candidates will have most of the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy or the nonprofit sector
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, responsibility and conscientiousness
- A love of art and art-making
- An appreciation of the importance of the Art Center to its community
- A commitment to and understanding of the Art Center’s local community, preferably based on experience
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising and willingness to leverage that for the Art Center
- Characteristics that increase the board’s diversity
- JD or CPA
Please send an email outlining your experience and interest to Board President, Donna Brorby at Donna@nullRichmondArtCenter.org