Clay Purchase and Firing Policy
If you are enrolled in an online class through Richmond Art Center, please note that clay and firing are not included in the class. You may choose to provide your own materials (locally, Clay People here in Richmond is a good resource) or utilize our limited clay purchasing and firing services during this time.
Clay for Purchase
A small supply of high-fire clay is available for purchase through Richmond Art Center. Priority is given to those students who are currently enrolled in an online class.
Please email email@example.com with any questions about specific clays or to set-up an appointment to purchase.
Bisque and High-Firing
Firing is available for anyone who is or was enrolled in a ceramics class through the RAC in 2020 or 2019.
What we are Firing:
- If you are using clay that was not supplied by the RAC, please bring pieces made only from high-fire clay, or know exactly what clay you are using and what temperature it is formulated for. If you are unsure, we will only be able to bisque fire your work.
- Due to limited staffing and time restrictions, more complicated pieces will not be able to be accommodated.
- There is a $20 minimum for all firing transactions.
- Bisque firing is $20/ cubic foot.
- High-firing is $40/ cubic foot if glazed with your own materials at home, or $60/ cubic foot if the work is dipped by us in one of our existing studio glazes.
Curbside Drop-Off Firing Process:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time if you plan on coming by with work to drop-off, or if you have any questions.
- The current firing drop-off and pick-up time is every Thursday from 11am-2pm.
- We receive work for firing outside RAC’s building at the top of the ramp at the 25th Street entrance. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing.