- This event has passed.
April 22, 2017, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Please join us for a day to celebrate and honor RAC students, teaching artists, and our community! Explore the galleries and studios. Meet our teaching artists and students.
We will have a variety of different demos lead by our teaching artists in each of our studios that represent the diversity of art classes we offer:
- In the Painting Studio, Hadas Tal will be demonstrating Color Theory Techniques with oil & acrylic paint and Betsy Kendall will be presenting a variety of drawing techniques.
- In our Weaving Studio, Karen Ondracek will explain the making of a weaving on a 8-harness floor loom. Check out what she’s creating and learn more about the many techniques of weaving.
- In our Ceramics Studio, Saadi Shapiro and Kay Coffee will be doing wheelthrowing demonstrations, each highlighting different techniques. We will also have an ongoing interactive clay project that you’re invited to participate in.
- In the Printmaking Studio, Dawline-Jane Oni-Eseleh will lead a relief printing demonstration. Try your hand at making your own stamp!
- In the Metals Studio, join Ed Lay, who will demonstrate hammer forming.
- In the Youth Studio, Lisa di Prima will lead an interactive workshop for youth (all ages) on the making of different book forms.
Our Open House also includes a wonderful variety of art for sale created by our talented students.
Come with an appetite because we’ll also have a bake sale (to benefit the Studio Education department), handmade pasta from the Cosa Nostra Food Truck, and Richmond’s own Kim’s Louisiana Fried Turkey sliders.