- Our offerings / upcoming dates
- Special email sign up just for teachers?
The Richmond Art Center is bringing back its popular professional development series for elementary school teachers to help integrate art experiences into the daytime curriculum. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-620-5543 for more information.
Who: Public, charter and private K-6 school teachers
When: Saturday, July 26, 8:30 am – 4 pm Saturday, August 2, 8:30 am – noon Saturday, August 9, 8:30 am – noon
Where:The Richmond Art Center, 2540 Barrett Avenue (at 25th St) , Richmond
Application deadline: Limited spots are available. To be considered, submit an online application at www.therac.org/pds by March 21, 2014.
In a three session, free workshop, two experienced teaching artists will lead K–6 teachers through simple, engaging art experiences that:
- ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Meet the CA Visual and Performing Arts Standards
- Are compatible with the Common Core Standards
- Are easy to integrate into core subjects
During this three-part series, you will:
- Make your own art to practice ideas presented
- Learn about art activities you can easily integrate into other core subjects
- Discover low-cost or free materials your students can use
- Learn about art as a process and a learning tool
- Get guidance from experienced teaching artists and colleagues
Participating teachers will receive a modest stipend and a bag of art materials for their class. Lunch and snacks will be provided.
[ insert form ]