Registration & Policies
How to Register
By clicking “register now” on a class or workshop page you will start the online registration process.
Tips for Registering Online
Tips for using our online class registration system
- Before registering for classes through our class registration system, please create an online account.
- You do not need to be a member to create an account.
- If you purchase a membership before registering for classes, you will receive your 10% membership discount.
Register through our front desk
Our front desk hours are from Tuesday – Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm
- Register in person using a major credit card, cash or check (payable to the Richmond Art Center).
- Register by phone at 510.620.6772 and use a credit card. If we miss your call, please leave a message and we’ll call you back as soon as possible.
Discounts on Classes & Workshops
Richmond residents and City of Richmond employees receive 10% off the listed price. Richmond Art Center members also receive 10% off. Please call the Front Desk at 510-620-6772 to receive your 10% Richmond resident or City of Richmond employee discount. Discounts can be combined. Your membership must be up-to-date to receive the member discount.
Needs-based scholarships are available for kids, teens and adults. Applications are available online or at our front desk. Learn more.
Spaces are allotted based on availability at the time of payment. Your registration in a class is not guaranteed until your payment is received.
Once an instructor’s maximum enrollment is reached, names will be placed on a waiting list and students will be notified if an opening occurs. Waitlisted students will be notified in order received and based on their interest in full class registration.
Per-day drop-ins of $35 are allowed in some adult classes with the consent of the instructor or where noted in the description. Students may drop in only two times before they are required to purchase a full class unless otherwise noted.
When class/workshop enrollment is below the minimum five days prior to the first day of class, the class may be cancelled. If there is a cancellation, we will contact registered students at least 4 days before the start of the class/workshop by email or by phone.
We will offer students the option to transfer into another class or receive a full refund for the amount paid.
Classes are not refunded or prorated due to failure to attend class, planned absences, minor illnesses, or vacations.
If you drop a class:
You will receive a 100% refund minus a $15 administrative fee if you drop a class at least 7 days before it starts.
You will receive a 50% refund minus a $15 administrative fee if you drop a class after this point but before the second day of class.
- There are no refunds after the second class.
If you drop a workshop:
- You will receive a 100% refund minus a $15 administrative fee if you drop a class at least 7 days before it starts. No refunds or credit will be given after this point.
If paid by credit card, your credit card account will be refunded within three days. If you paid with check or cash, please allow two weeks for us to process a check.
- If you transfer to from one class to another class of equal value or more, there is no administrative fee. Otherwise an admin fee will be charged for transfers.
Feedback is very important to us. Please let us know the reason you are dropping your class and the best time to contact you, if necessary. If you need urgent attention, please call our Studio Education program office at 510-620-1245.
If you receive a scholarship to attend a class and choose not to attend the class, the scholarship is not transferrable but you are welcome to apply again. Please let us know as soon as you can if you will not be using the scholarship so we can reallocate the funds to someone else.