Why I liked the Urban Arts Class
An inspired group of middle school students delivered a stack of letters to our executive director yesterday.
The students loved our after-school Urban Arts class so much, they wrote persuasive letters to ask that the class continues for the entire year. Help us make this class and more happen by making a donation today.
“Let me tell you why I liked the Urban Arts Class…
#1: I liked the way Mr. Rivas and Mr. Wang teach, they are the best art teachers I’ve ever had.”
This year, our Art in the Community program will bring teaching artists and free classes to more than 1,200 local children and our aim is to expand our programs to teach 1,600 students next year.
Donations help us inspire creativity in our city’s next generation.
- $20/month can provide 25 students with an artist-led tour of our galleries and an art activity.
- $100 can fund a scholarship for a low-income child to take her first-ever art class.
- $200 will be matched one-to-one thanks to a generous foundation that is matching $200-$999 donations, up to $10,000
- $500 can provide art supplies for 14 students in a multi-week, after-school program.
- Donations of any amount will help us continue to thrive as the largest visual arts center in the East Bay.
Or you can donate by calling us at 510-620-6772.