Online Class Resources
Online Class Zoom Links
A link for your online class will be sent out 30 minutes before the start of the class. If you do not receive the link, please notify email@example.com. You can also find your class link in your Sawyer account’s calendar at www.hisawyer.com/account/calendar. Log into your account in the upper right corner of the screen.
Our Online Art Classes are hosted using Zoom. Are you new to Zoom and virtual learning? On this webpage you’ll find steps and links to resources to help you get ready for your class.
One thing to note about Zoom, the features of the program are slightly different depending on what device you are using; desktop computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
1. Download Zoom
Zoom is free for participants to use! Download it here: https://zoom.us/download
2. Get to know Zoom
Watch these videos that introduce the basics functions of Zoom:
Joining a meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-
Meeting Controls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygZ96J_z4AY
3. Go for a test run!
Set up Zoom meeting with a friend, or join a test session to make sure your sound and video are working. Then play with the different functions!
Are your sound and video working? Do you know how to turn them off and on? Can you Pin and Un-Pin videos? Do you know how to use the Chat? If you can do these basic functions then you are ready to go!
Some Zoom Etiquette
- Check your tech is working before attending a class (video and audio)
- When joining a class have your profile show your name as you would like to be addressed and, if you like, your pronouns (eg. Marie, she/her)
- Pay attention to your video and microphone
- Your Instructor will let you know if they prefer students to be on mute or un-muted
- For life drawing classes with a model all students should have their videos on
- Be sensitive to your gaze on other student’s homes – these are private spaces and it is not always possible to set boundaries on what is shared. Be kind and respectful.
More Zoom Learning Resources
Zoom Help Center: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
CCA Install Zoom on MacOS: https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/educational-technology-services/web-services/zoom/install-zoom-macos/
CCA Install Zoom on Windows: https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/educational-technology-services/web-services/zoom/install-zoom-windows/
How to Join A Zoom Meeting for the First Time (video by Smart Simple Digital): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbbYqiurgeo