Position: Customer Service Assistant
Schedule: 16 hours, Fridays & Saturdays, Non-exempt
Supervisor: Operations Manager
Essential Functions: Shares responsibility for front desk operations, provides customer service and administrative support for the Education, Exhibition, Communication and Finance departments. Maintains positive and informative relations with artists, instructors, students, volunteers and guests; maintains and inputs class registrations, memberships and donations into database system.
- Visitor Services:
- Greet guests entering the RAC and handle queries from the public and customers.
- Answer telephone calls and emails that come to the front desk, as directed.
- Effectively manage ongoing correspondence to members, donors, volunteers, students, instructors and artists.
- Exhibition Program:
- Document and process art sales transactions, providing accurate information to the accountant, artist and purchaser.
- Organize art work loan agreements; support pickup & drop off of artists’ works.
- Education Program:
- Assist with the set-up and take-down of classroom arrangements.
- Process studio drop in fees, locker rentals and clay sales
- Assist the accountant in the filing of account receivables, including membership, art sales, and class/workshop registration receipts
- Generate mailing lists and reports upon request.
- Support event setup and coordination
Note: All duties and requirements stated above are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff member occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties by their supervisor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills in person, online and on the phone.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate and prioritize activities with attention to detail and independent follow through.
- Familiarity with database and point-of-sale transaction concepts.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; self-starter and independently motivated.
- People person, energized by face-to-face contact with others
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Google Suite and registration database
- Spanish-speakers preferred
About the Richmond Art Center:
A non-profit organization, the Richmond Art Center has provided over 80 years of excellence in arts education and exhibitions for the East Bay region. The Art Center’s mission is to be a dynamic arts organization that empowers and transforms individuals and the community through creative exploration, experience and education. The largest Art Center in the East Bay, the 1951 vintage modern facility is part of Richmond’s Civic Center Plaza and receives partial funding from the City of Richmond. The Art Center offers one of the most extensive schedules of exhibitions and art instruction programs in the East Bay, presenting 14 to 16 exhibitions in four galleries and providing 50-60 art classes and workshops in six studios four times a year to 450-500 students each quarter, ages 5 and up of all skill levels. In addition, the Art Center reestablished its Art in the Community program in 2012, providing after school art experiences to schools and various community centers, engaging nearly 1700 underserved student age children. The Art Center has over 600 members, 100 volunteers, 11 full-time and four part-time staff. The Center has an operating budget of just over $1.3 million.
To apply, please submit the following materials via email:
Resume and a cover letter introducing yourself, stating how your work experience qualifies you for this position, how this opportunity supports your career goals, and specifying experience you have had in a role that cultivates a positive and collaborative workplace culture. Also include the names and contact information for three professional references. Open until filled.
Send all materials to email@example.com
Compensation & Benefits: $16/hour
DOE, includes prorated vacation, sick, and holidays
The Richmond Art Center is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity and respects differences.