“Everyone here has a sense of what a special resource the Center is for the community and for the artists who show their work here. It’s great to feel a part of that.”
—Roger Smith, Volunteer since 2006
BIG Thank You to The Following Individuals Who Help Impact Art in Richmond:
New volunteers – Eiji Negishi and Carol Kiehn Eiji, thank you so much for volunteering as a class monitor for our youth summer classes. You were so very helpful and a huge help to Lisa Di Prima, our youth Studio instructor. Carol, thank you for being a great addition to our front operations staff! You have extended yourself to be available in other areas such Exhibitions and our other upcoming events. Thank you so much, you are a gem! Welcome!
Artwork pick up team for the Member’s and CA Now Exhibitions and for Body as Agent gallery re installation: Mary Gillis, Ev Dennington, Vanessa Wimmer, Olivia Chen, Carol Keihn, Cynthia Lang and Jackie Mucha, Sally Arney, Pat Monaco and Gavin. We could not have done this without you! Becki Bowers and Inger Coble for being such gracious and informative greeters while the entire staff were away at our Staff / Board Retreat. Janit Saechao for spending some of your time here while on break from college in Oregon to help out with marketing projects, front desk operations and the education department. We always love having you with us and look forward to seeing you soon!
New Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities!
Week of September 1 – 4, 2015 Studio Facilities Coordinator
VIP Reception Saturday, September 12, 2015, 4 pm – 5 pm Bartenders, greeters & hosts
Opening Reception Saturday, September 12, 2015, 5 pm – 7 pm Hosts
Solano Stroll Sunday, September 13, 2015 Shifts range from 8 am – 7 pm various fun positions
Skeletonfest Preparation Friday, October 23, 2015: making sugar skulls, tissue flowers, prepping masks and yarn for pom poms
Skeletonfest Saturday, October 24, 2015 11:30 am – 3 pm Various fun positions
To volunteer or get more information, please contact Nicole Robinson, Volunteer Program Coordinator:
(510) 620-6778 or email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Richmond Art Center. Many of our departments including Marketing, Development, Education, Exhibitions, Events, Facilities and Visitor Services offer opportunities and training throughout the year.
Make a difference. Gain valuable experience. Meet new people and make new friends. Play a critical role in our mission in bringing art to young and old in our diverse community.
- 15 volunteer hours gets you 25% off of a class or workshop
- 25 volunteer hours gets you 50% off of a class or workshop or an Artist Membership (includes 10% discount on classes)
- 30 volunteer hours gets you a Family Membership or a Patron Membership (10% discount on classes and NARM benefits which include free admission to 650+ museums nationwide!)
- 40 volunteer hours gets you a Patron Family Membership (includes 10% discount on classes and NARM benefits!)
Plus, You Can:
- Receive letters of recommendation (for those who qualify).
- Fulfill your school or community service requirement.
- Network with fellow volunteers and staff at orientations, programs and volunteer events.
- Build job skills in marketing, development, administration, event planning, education and more!
Start Volunteering With Us
Complete our volunteer application below – or download the PDF and return it to the Richmond Art Center. Once accepted, all volunteers are invited to attend a volunteer orientation.