Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Richmond Art Center. Many of our departments including Marketing, Development, Education, Exhibitions, Events, Facilities and Visitor Services offer opportunities and training throughout the year.
Make a difference. Gain valuable experience. Meet new people and make new friends. Play a critical role in our mission in bringing art to young and old in our diverse community.
“Everyone here has a sense of what a special resource the Center is for the community and for the artists who show their work here. It’s great to feel a part of that.”
—Roger Smith, Volunteer since 2006
- 15 volunteer hours gets you 25% off of a class or workshop
- 25 volunteer hours gets you 50% off of a class or workshop or an Artist Membership (includes 10% discount on classes)
- 30 volunteer hours gets you a Family Membership or a Patron Membership (10% discount on classes and NARM benefits which include free admission to 650+ museums nationwide!)
- 40 volunteer hours gets you a Patron Family Membership (includes 10% discount on classes and NARM benefits!)
Plus, You Can:
- Receive letters of recommendation (for those who qualify).
- Fulfill your school or community service requirement.
- Network with fellow volunteers and staff at orientations, programs and volunteer events.
- Build job skills in marketing, development, administration, event planning, education and more!
Start Volunteering With Us
Complete our volunteer application below – or download the PDF and return it to the Richmond Art Center. Once accepted, all volunteers are invited to attend a volunteer orientation.