Art of the African Diaspora 2024 – ARTIST INFORMATION
Exhibition at Richmond Art Center: January 24 – March 16, 2024
Open Studios: Feb 24-25, Mar 2-3, Mar 9-10, 2024
Satellite Exhibitions: Throughout January, February, March and April
Artistic Achievement Awardee Talk: Saturday, January 27, 12pm-1:30pm
Reception: Saturday, January 27, 2pm-4pm
Closing Party: Saturday, March 16, 2pm-4pm
Deadline to Register: Monday, October 2, 2023, 11:59PM
Art of the African Diaspora
Art Of The African Diaspora is a non-juried group exhibition featuring work by artists of African descent. The showcase exhibition is held at Richmond Art Center and is accompanied by self-guided open studio tours and satellite exhibitions throughout the Bay Area. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ART OF THE AFRICAN DIASPORA
For registration and payment questions contact: Richmond Art Center at 510.620.6772 or email@example.com
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ARTISTS
- Artist Info Session: Saturday, September 30, 11am-12pm | More info…
- Deadline to Register: Monday, October 2, 2023, 11:59PM
- Deadline for Artist Ad Sales: Monday, November 20
- Artwork Drop Off at RAC: Friday, January 5, 11am-4pm OR Saturday, January 6, 11am-4pm
- Artwork Pick Up at RAC: Saturday, March 16, 4pm-5:30pm OR Monday, March 18, 11am-4pm
Eligibility: Participation is open to all artists of African descent, who are 16 years or older, and who reside/work within the nine counties of the Bay Area (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma).
Richmond Art Center Exhibition Artwork Requirements:
- Media: All media considered
- Artwork size:
- Wall-hanging artwork may not exceed 40 inches high and 40 inches wide (including the frame)
- 3D artwork may not exceed 40 inches in any direction
- Artwork number: One artwork entry per artist
- New and original work: Artwork submissions must be original work created since 2020 that have not previously been exhibited at Richmond Art Center.
Registration Fee: $75
Each registered artist receives:
- Opportunity to exhibit 1 artwork at Richmond Art Center:
- Available until exhibition is full. There is space for maximum 120 artists in the exhibition at Richmond Art Center. Once we reach capacity artists can still register to participate in satellite exhibitions, open studios and the online listing.
- Artist listing in the Art of the African Diaspora catalogue
- Artist listing in the online artist gallery
- CLICK HERE to view the online gallery from 2023.
- Opportunity to participate in open studios/satellite exhibitions:
- Artists without a space for open studios/satellite exhibitions can request to be offered a space. Artists who do not wish to participate in open studios/satellite exhibitions may choose to opt out at the time of registration (the fee remains the same).
- Fees: Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Photography and Image Use: Richmond Art Center and Art of the African Diaspora reserve the right to use images of submitted artwork, and to photograph the artist, artwork and exhibition for publicity, documentation, and fundraising purposes.
- Exhibition at Richmond Art Center:
- Delivery of Artwork: Artwork must be delivered to Richmond Art Center during scheduled drop off dates: Friday, January 5, 11am-4pm and Saturday, January 6, 11am-4pm. Artists who cannot drop off their artwork during these times should arrange for someone else to deliver it for them.
- Sales: For any artwork sales at Richmond Art Center: RAC’s commission on a sale is 30%; artist retains 70%. Artists may choose to show their work as NFS (not for sale).
- Pick Up: All unsold artworks must be picked up on the scheduled days: Saturday, March 16, 4pm-5:30pm or Monday, March 18, 11am-4pm
- Open Studios Participants: If an artist or venue hosts other artists, each artist must be a registered participant of Art of the African Diaspora.
Are you ready to register?
Artist Ads in the Art of the African Diaspora Catalogue
Optional. Artists can upgrade their Art of the African Diaspora catalogue listing by purchasing a discounted ad (view the 2020 Art Of The African Diaspora Catalogue for ad examples).
Deadline to Purchase an Ad: Monday, November 20, 2023
Artist Ad Rates:
- 1/4 page ad $50 – 4 ¾” H x 3 ½ W
- 1/2 page ad $80 – 4 ¾” H x 7 ¾” W
- Full page ad $150 – 10 ¾” H x 7 ¾” W
Terms: 1. Artists must be registered to participate in AOTAD 2024 to qualify for a discounted ad. 2. Ads must be submitted in digital format (pdf or eps file), full color, 300dpi and ad slick/print-ready (to size), sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, November 20, 2023. 3. Ad payment in full must be received by Monday, November 20, 2023. 4. All sales and transactions are final. 5. The Art of the African Diaspora Steering Committee reserves the right to assign advertising space. 6. 100% of ad funds go to the Art of the African Diaspora Steering Committee, who is solely responsible for producing and publishing the catalogue.