¿Habla Español? Sayra Hernández, Asistente para Servicios de Visitante (Martes-Sábado, 9am-5pm), estará disponible para asistir en completar su registración en línea: 510-620-6772/ firstname.lastname@example.org . El Sábado 12 de Octubre, 1-3pm la Clínica para Llamada de Entrada estará disponible en español. Esta clínica es para personas que requieren asistencia en completar su registración en línea y su trabajo fotografiada. Requiere RSVP.
Right Here, Right Now, Richmond
Exhibition Dates: December 17, 2019 – March 6, 2020
Reception: Saturday, January 25, 2-5pm
Locations: Richmond Art Center (Community Gallery) and NIAD (Annex)
Calling all Richmond artists! Free entry!
The Richmond Art Center invites all artists who live and/or work in Richmond to submit work for Right Here, Right Now, Richmond, an exhibition that looks at the excellent and risk-taking new work being made in our city. The exhibition will be installed in RAC’s Community Gallery and a project space at NIAD.
The deadline to enter is Monday, November 4, 11:59pm.
WHY HERE? WHY NOW?
In working to center the Richmond Art Center’s commitment to Richmond, Right Here, Right Now supports our goal to equitably grow and sustain innovative art practices for Richmond artists and audiences. This free ‘Call for Entry’ platform is designed to bring local artists together for a new exhibition opportunity, Right Here, Right Now, as well as for future programming at the Richmond Art Center.
ABOUT THE JURORS
This exhibition will be juried by Richmond Art Center program staff. We want to know you and we want you to know us!
Program staff are Marisa Burman, Ceramics Manager; Ilene Conde, Studio Education Manager; Cristina Haley, Art in the Community Manager; Francisco Rojas, Studio Assistant; Rachel Schaffran, Art in the Community Director; and Amy Spencer, Exhibitions Director. See our staff bios here!
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ARTISTS
Call for Entry Clinic: Saturday, October 12, 1-3pm RSVP Requested
Submission Deadline: Monday, November 4, 11:59pm
Artist Notification By: Friday, November 15
Artwork Drop Off: Tuesday, December 10, 5-7pm, and Wednesday, December 11, 11am-4pm.
Richmond Art Center Exhibition Dates: December 17, 2019 – March 6, 2020
NIAD Exhibition Dates: December 6, 2019 – January 27, 2020 (NIAD Reception: December 14, 1-4pm)
Richmond Art Center Reception: Saturday, January 25, 2-5pm
Artwork Pick Up: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 11am-4pm
- Eligibility: Participation is open to all artists and collaborative groups who live and/or work in Richmond. Richmond artists may work in collaboration with artists from outside Richmond. Entries should be submitted by artists 16 years and older.
- Entry Fees: NONE!
- Artwork Requirements:
- Media: All media accepted
- New and original work: Artwork submissions must be original work created since 2017 that have not previously been exhibited at the Richmond Art Center
- Call for Entry Clinic: Computers not your forte? We can help with your online submission. Come to the Richmond Art Center on Saturday, October 12, 1-3pm and we can complete your online entry for you. You’ll need to bring your artwork information (title, year, size, medium) and digital images of your work. Alternatively, bring your artwork and we can photograph it. RSVP Requested
PREPARE YOUR SUBMISSION
- Number of Artworks: Artists may submit up to four artworks per entry
- Artwork information: Include artwork information for each submission (title, year, media, dimensions, price/value)
- Digital Images: Image files should be jpgs with a maximum file size of 1 MB. File naming convention: Lastname_FirstInitial_NumberOfImage.jpg (example: smith_r_1.jpg)
- OPTIONAL Artist Bio and Statement: Artists may include a brief statement and/or bio with their submission
Selection: Entry does not guarantee selection for the exhibition. But it does guarantee you’ll enter our Richmond Artist database for consideration for future exhibition opportunities!
Insurance: The Richmond Art Center shall insure selected artworks for the duration of the exhibition
Images: Artists agree to allow the Richmond Art Center to use images of selected artworks for publicity and education purposes. RAC will grant credit to the Artist as specified on any labels, educational and publicity materials.
Artwork Loan Form: When selected artists drop off their artworks to RAC they will be asked to sign an artwork loan form. Artists may request a copy of this form in advance.
Installation Ready: Selected artworks should be installation ready with any hanging hardware attached (rods, hanging wire, d-rings, etc.), and labeled with artists full name on the back/underneath. Work on paper should be framed or mounted.
Artwork Delivery: Selected artwork must be delivered to the Richmond Art Center during scheduled drop off dates: Tuesday, December 10, 11am-4pm, and Wednesday, December 11, 5pm-7pm
Artwork Pick Up: All unsold artworks must be picked up on the scheduled day: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 11am-4pm