Making Our Mark: 80th Anniversary!
This year we have reached a new milestone in the history of the Richmond Art Center. For the past 80 years, the Art Center has impacted the lives of many generations of youth and adults who have participated in the Center’s quality programs. Each generation has left its creative mark in transforming the Art Center into an enduring creative hub for all.
The driving idea which was the genesis of the Art Center in 1936 remains the same today: Art Matters in our daily lives. Whether you have enrolled in our classes, participated in our Art in the Community outreach programs or visited one of our extraordinary exhibitions, you are part Center’s history and legacy.
Over the past 80 years, the legacy of the Art Center has been shaped and reshaped by millions of individual marks, memorable experiences and contributions. We ask you today . . . what mark will you make?
Your enduring support has helped propel the Art Center into unprecedented levels of growth and recognition. We cannot do this vital work without your help. Please join us in the year ahead by supporting our award winning programs.
Throughout this year we will be presenting a diverse schedule of programs and events which will enable us to share and reflect upon what makes the Richmond Art Center a dynamic place to make to see and learn about art.
Mark these special events and programs on your calendars!
- Opening reception for Fall exhibitions: Making Our Mark & Marking New Paths, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 5 – 7 pm
- 80th Anniversary Gala: Saturday, October 1, 2016, 5:30 – 9 pm
- Community Celebration of the Art Centers 80TH Anniversary: Friday, September 23, 2016, 6 -9 pm
- Skeletonfest: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 1- 3 pm
- Holiday Arts Festival: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 11am – 5 pm