Art of the African Diaspora, in partnership with Richmond Art Center, supports artists of African descent in the Bay Area through representation, professional development, and building a creative community.
In 2021 Art of the African Diaspora will be an online event hosted at aotad.org and richmondartcenter.org. All artists who register to participate will be included in the online exhibition with an individual webpage highlighting their work. Artists can also host virtual open studios, artists talks and other events in conjunction with Art of the African Diaspora.
Artist Info Session: Would you like to learn more? Join this zoom session on Thursday, January 21, 6pm to learn about the 2021 program and ask your questions! Register HERE (After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.)
Registration Deadline: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 11:59PM
Entry Fee: $30
Eligibility: Participation is open to all artists of African descent, who are 16 years or older, and who reside/work within the nine counties of the Bay Area (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma).
- Artists should have the following information ready before they register for Art of the African Diaspora:
- Up to 3 digital images of recent work (since 2017): Minimum 1 image required, .jpg or .png, maximum file size 1MB
- Text (optional): Short artist statement and/or artist bio (300 words max)
- 1 Web link (optional): to your website, online store, social media, etc
- Additional Info (optional): image captions, artwork prices, contact information, etc.
- In late-January 2021 Artists will be invited to submit any of the following (optional) information to be added to their online listing:
- Information for special events held in conjunction to the online exhibition (open studios, artist talks, satellite exhibitions etc)
- Listing Creation and Requesting Edits: Once individual artist webpages are created, artists will receive an email notification inviting them to review the information. Artists may submit one set of requested edits/corrections (sorry, but we don’t have the capacity for more edits than this).
Terms and Conditions:
- Fees: Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Images: Participating Artists agree to allow Richmond Art Center the use of their submitted images for publicity and educational purposes. Richmond Art Center will endeavor to credit the Artist when possible.
- Listing: Richmond Art Center retains the right to withdraw all or part of an Artist Listing from its website at its sole discretion.
- Sales: The online exhibition is a listing website only and no product sales will take place on Richmond Art Center’s website. Artists wishing to offer items for sale are solely responsible for developing and maintaining a separate website or telephone sales process.
- Click here to read the Conditions for Artist Participation