Art of the African Diaspora 2022 – Artist Information
PLEASE NOTE: Registration for Art of the African Diaspora 2022 has closed.
Missed the Art of the African Diaspora info session? CLICK HERE to view the video!
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ARTISTS
Deadline to Register: Sunday, October, 31, 2021, 11:59PM
Deadline to Purchase an Ad in the Art of the African Diaspora Catalog: Sunday, November 21
RAC Exhibition Artwork Drop Off: Friday, January 07, 2022, 11am-4pm or Saturday, January 08, 2022, 11am-4pm
RAC Exhibition Artwork Pick Up:
- Saturday, March 19, 2pm-3:30pm
- Sunday, March 20, 10am-2pm
- Monday 21, 11am-4pm.
RICHMOND ART CENTER ARTWORK REQUIREMENTS
- Media: All media considered
- Artwork size:
- Wall-hanging artwork may not exceed 40 inches high and 40 inches wide (including the frame)
- 3D artwork may not exceed 40 inches in any dimension
- Artwork number: One artwork entry per artist
- New and original work: Artwork submissions must be original work created since 2018 that have not previously been exhibited at Richmond Art Center.
EXHIBITING AT THE RICHMOND ART CENTER
Artwork Drop Off Location: Richmond Art Center is located at 2540 Barrett Avenue, Richmond, CA 94804. Parking is available in the parking lot on 25th Street across the street from the art center. You can enter the building via the studio entrance on 25th Street or the gallery entrance on Barrett Avenue. Artwork intake tables will be set up in the Main Gallery.
Artist Bio/CV and Statement (optional): When you drop off your artwork you may bring in a printed artist bio/CV (1 page) and artist statement (1 page) if you would like them to be included in the artist binder.
Insurance: Richmond Art Center will provide fine art insurance for all artwork while at Richmond Art Center only. This insurance does not cover artwork in transport to and from the RAC
Artwork Loan Form: When you drop off your artwork at the center you’ll be asked to sign an artwork loan form (we will have this prepared for you)
Packing Material: We cannot store your artwork packing material for you. Please be prepared to take it with you when you drop of your artwork
Sales: Artists may list their work for sale. The Richmond Art Center’s commission is 30%. The artist retains 70%.
Installation Ready: Before you bring your artwork to the gallery check that it is:
– Labeled with your full name (on the back for 2D work, underneath for 3D work)
– Ready to hang with any appropriate hardware – hanging wire, d-ring, etc.
– Any glass is clean and free of fingerprints
– For work on paper, framed is best!
Artists can upgrade their Art of the African Diaspora Catalog listing by purchasing a discounted ad (view the 2019 Art of Living Black Guide for ad examples). The deadline to purchase an ad is Sunday, November 21.
Artist Ad Rates
- 1/4 page ad $50
- 1/2 page ad $80
- Full page ad $150
- Full Page: 10 3/4″ H x 7 3/4″ W
- 1/2 Page: 4 3/4″ H x 7 3/4″ W
- 1/4 Page: 4 3/4″ H x 3 1/2″ W
Contact the Steering Committee: email@example.com