Art of the African Diaspora 2023
Artist Ads in the Art of the African Diaspora Catalogue
Optional. Artists can upgrade their Art of the African Diaspora catalogue listing by purchasing a discounted ad (view the 2020 Art Of The African Diaspora Catalogue for ad examples). Artist Ad Rates:
- 1/4 page ad $50 – 4 ¾” H x 3 ½ W
- 1/2 page ad $80 – 4 ¾” H x 7 ¾” W
- Full page ad $150 – 10 ¾” H x 7 ¾” W
Terms: 1. Artists must be registered to participate in AOTAD 2023 to qualify for a discounted ad. 2. Ads must be submitted in digital format (pdf or eps file), full color, 300dpi and ad slick/print-ready (to size), sent via email to email@example.com no later than Monday, October 31, 2022. 3. Ad payment in full must be received by Monday, October 31, 2022. 4. All sales and transactions are final. 5. The Art of the African Diaspora Steering Committee reserves the right to assign advertising space. 6. 100% of ad funds go to the Art of the African Diaspora Steering Committee, who is solely responsible for producing and publishing the catalogue.
ARTIST REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED
Exhibition at Richmond Art Center: January 18 – March 18, 2023
Open Studios: Feb 25-26, Mar 4-5, Mar 11-12, 2023
Satellite Exhibitions: Throughout January, February, March and April
Artistic Achievement Awardee Talk: Saturday, January 21, 12:30pm-1:30pm
Reception: Saturday, January 21, 2pm-4pm
Closing Party: Saturday, March 18, 2pm-4pm
Art of the African Diaspora
Art Of The African Diaspora is a non-juried group exhibition featuring work by artists of African descent. The showcase exhibition is held at Richmond Art Center and is accompanied by self-guided open studio tours and satellite exhibitions throughout the Bay Area. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ART OF THE AFRICAN DIASPORA
For registration and payment questions contact: Richmond Art Center at 510.620.6772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility: Participation is open to all artists of African descent, who are 16 years or older, and who reside/work within the nine counties of the Bay Area (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma).
Richmond Art Center Exhibition Artwork Requirements:
- Media: All media considered
- Artwork size:
- Wall-hanging artwork may not exceed 40 inches high and 40 inches wide (including the frame)
- 3D artwork may not exceed 40 inches in any direction
- Artwork number: One artwork entry per artist
- New and original work: Artwork submissions must be original work created since 2019 that have not previously been exhibited at Richmond Art Center.
Registration Fee: $75
Each registered artist receives:
Opportunity to exhibit 1 artwork at Richmond Art Center: Available until exhibition is full. There is space for maximum 120 artists in the exhibition at Richmond Art Center. Once we reach capacity artists can still register to participate in satellite exhibitions, open studios and the online listings.
- Artist listing in the Art of the African Diaspora catalogue
- Artist listing in the online artist gallery
- CLICK HERE to view the online gallery from 2022.
- Opportunity to participate in open studios/satellite exhibitions:
- Artists without a space for open studios/satellite exhibitions can request to be offered a space. Artists who do not wish to participate in open studios/satellite exhibitions may choose to opt out at the time of registration (the fee remains the same).
- Fees: Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Photography and Image Use: Richmond Art Center and Art of the African Diaspora reserve the right to use images of submitted artwork, and to photograph the artist, artwork and exhibition for publicity, documentation, and fundraising purposes.
- Exhibition at Richmond Art Center:
- Delivery of Artwork: Artwork must be delivered to Richmond Art Center during scheduled drop off dates: Friday, Jan 6, 2023, 11am-4pm & Sat, Jan 7, 11am-4pm. Artists who cannot drop off their artwork during these times should arrange for someone else to deliver it for them.
- Sales: For any artwork sales at Richmond Art Center: RAC’s commission on a sale is 30%; artist retains 70%.
- Pick Up: All unsold artworks must be picked up on the scheduled days: Sat, Mar 18, 2023 4-5:30pm & Mon, Mar 20, 2023 11am-4pm
- Open Studios Participants: If an artist or venue hosts other artists, each artist must be a registered participant of Art of the African Diaspora.
Are you ready to register?